Before the pandemic, the OAC held an annual conference to deliver education to licensed opticians, however, they needed to find a socially-distanced solution in 2020. The OAC began using Ventla to host monthly virtual meetings so that they could continue delivering education to their members.
The solution in short
- Deliver education to members in a contactless, virtual setting
- Use prerecorded video feature to provide on-demand, accessible learning for members
- Track success rate and member demographics via the admin reporting system
The OAC needed to find a way to remotely educate licensed opticians, so in lieu of the live annual conferences, they began using Ventla’s virtual platform for monthly meetings and on-demand learning. The OAC’s goals included:
- Providing accessible, user-friendly virtual courses on a reasonably-priced platform
- Increasing engagement and members’ level of education
- Having the ability to track the success of education deliverance
- Connecting with a support system for learning the app and for potential technical difficulties
The OAC was grateful to have the support of the Ventla team in overcoming the challenges of transitioning to virtual meetings. Ventla’s platform improved the OAC’s education deliverance system by:
- Giving members the opportunity to learn anytime, anywhere with prerecorded presentations and full access to materials within the app
- Providing admins with an easy-to-use reporting system so they can track progress
- Making it easy to partner with other companies to privately deliver information in the app
- Heightening engagement and the level of educational achievement
With Ventla’s on-point support team and customizable features, the OAC was able to build a virtual community to continue delivering education to licensed opticians.
The app is user-friendly—at least 3 members over the age of 80 are able to successfully use the app. They found that the age gap in education continuance began to level off since transitioning from live events to virtual. Younger opticians (approximately 40 and under) are now participating more than ever before.
The convenience of learning anytime, anywhere boosted participation and achievement among licensed opticians as they are receiving 3 times more education since going virtual. The on-demand learning feature and easy access to materials increased member engagement.
In addition to making learning easier for members, Ventla's tracking and reporting system make admins’ lives easier. Ventla provides organized and comprehensive data for admins to view the results of online education.
Satisfied with their Ventla experience, the OAC plans to continue building, exploring, and expanding with the platform in order to prepare for future hybrid events.