Ventla International AB is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Ventla International AB takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Ventla:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Ventla is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we are also fulfilling several Level AAA Sucess Criteria:
- 1.4.7 Low or No Background Audio
- 2.2.3 No Timing
- 2.2.4 Interruptions
- 2.2.6 Timeouts
- 2.3.2 Three Flashes
- 2.3.3 Animation from Interactions
- 2.4.9 Link Purpose (Link Only)
- 2.4.10 Section Headings
- 2.5.5 Target Size
- 2.5.6 Concurrent Input Mechanisms
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Ventla. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Ventla:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: Kungsgatan 60, 111 22, Stockholm, Sweden
- Postal address: Kungsgatan 60, 111 22, Stockholm, Sweden
We try to respond to feedback within 1 business day.
Ventla is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
Accessibility of Ventla relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Native apps
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Ventla, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Ventla:
- Video content from customers: Uploaded video might not have subtitles because it is up to the customer to ensure their content is accessible.
Ventla International AB assessed the accessibility of Ventla by the following approaches:
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Ventla International AB
Chief product officer
This statement was created on 29 April 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.